Sports Massage Therapy and its benefits
Massage, applied skilfully, is the most effective therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the musculo-skeletal system. Received regularly this may help athletes prevent injuries, which might otherwise be caused by overuse. A constant build-up of tension in the muscles from regular activity may lead to stresses on joints, ligaments, tendons, as well as the muscles themselves.
These muscle imbalances may develop and often go undiagnosed until they are serious enough to cause you discomfort or impede performance. As a skilled massage therapist I will be able to detect variations in the soft tissues and by using the correct techniques, help you maintain a much healthier physical state.
It may therefore be reasonably claimed that one of the greatest benefits of sports massage is in helping prevent injury.
Regular treatments can greatly help reduce the possibility of injury by helping to eliminate lactic acid build up and keeping the muscle fibres in good condition. Sports Massage can temporarily improve circulation and lymphatic flow bringing about more general health benefits. It can also simply ease tension that has built up in the muscles by remaining immobile for long periods of time in a job that is sedentary – you do not have to be an avid sports person to benefit from Sports Massage! These niggles can be extremely painful and may seriously affect a person’s occupation, sport or quality of life.
- Reduce stress and tension
- Relieve joint pain
- Chronic pain relief
- Improve the posture
- Improve muscle flexibility
- Injury prevention
- Increase / decrease muscle tone
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Increased range of motion
- Improved recovery from injury
- Relieve symptoms of Repetitive Strain Injury R.S.I.
- Pain relief from headaches
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate and stimulate nerve endings
- Increase / decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue
- Event preparation
- Improve/eliminate the symptoms of musculo-skeleto pain